Re: TI-H: Talk 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Talk 85

>> ####!  Who the hell invented this theory?  THERE IS NO CLOCK
SIGNAL
>> BETWEEN THE CALCS!!!!   GET IT STRAIGHT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!
>
>The file you attached is about doing it yourself via ASM.
>When I referred to there being a clock signal, I meant in
>the way that TI does it the way it's built into the calc, and
>I am 99% sure that that is correct.
YOU ARE WRONG!!!!  Didn't you read that file through?  The subs in
that file _ARE_ TI's routines!!  _YES_, the ones IN THE ROM!!!

TI DOES NOT USE A CLOCK SIGNAL!!!  It would not be accurate.  See?
Look:  As we know, the speed of the calc's varies with the battery
strength.  Let's say the the batteries in the sending calculator are
BETTER than the ones in the recieveing calc.  This would mean that
the sending calc is running FASTER than the recieving calc.  Now the
recieving calc CANNOT keep up with the clock pulses coming from the
sending calc, causing the recieving calc to "miss" a few bits of data
here and there.  THAT IS WHY THIS METHOD IS INSANELY ERROR-PRONE.
Even if it WAS used, the transmission would have to be slowed down
greatly, to ensure that the calc's could keep up with each other.
Now, you can't tell me that this is the case; remember that the
GRAPHLINK translates the calc's signal to a 9600 bps RS-232
compatible signal...

____
~Keith
FFNP69C@PRODIGY.COM

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore
like an idiot."
  --Steven Wright

Follow-Ups: References: