Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

> Yes, this is a classic RC network.  If it's actually how the timing is
> setup in the TI, then it's impossible to go any faster than just
> leaving out the capacitor, because the various components and
> connections all have their own input capacitance.  HOWEVER, if you
> were to find out where that resistor is, replacing it with a smaller
> value will speed it up even more.  Eventually you will get to a point
> where the chip just isn't fast enough and you may even damage the
> processor.
>
> This is speculation, however, because no one is sure whether this is
> how the clock is setup in the TI-85.  It could be totally different
> from an RC network.  Nonetheless, this isn't how a well made computer
> circuit is done.  It's just the cheap way out because they don't need
> exact timing.
>
> -Mel
>
> --
> The TI Memory Expansion Homepage
> http://pilot.msu.edu/user/tsaimelv/expander.htm
I read the Z80 data sheet, and I found out that one of it's pins is
labeled(guess):

Clock
---->

The arrow means that it is a pin for input only.  Unfortunately, I don't
have anything more than this cheap little data sheet which doesn't tell
me bo-diddly about how the chip REALLY works, or how it can be optimized
through the clock pin.... pretty depressing, huh?  I wish Zilog would
get off their butt and give me some REAL information that I can use. At
the moment, it seems that my processor upgrade has been slowed by their
laziness, but I will stay on it, I really want to see if this will work.