Re: TI-H: Don't be held back...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Don't be held back...

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996 cjo@pobox.com wrote:

> >  The idea is to be able to access both simultaneously, i.e. for a game
> >playing sounds downloaded from the expander and sent to the headphones via
> >the pass-thru.
> Real time audio passed through a 9600 connection is pretty unrealistic isn't it?

Actually, it probably is unrealistic.  Ever heard realaudio on a 14.4
modem?  Think of it being half that good.  The thing is though, Mel said
that it would go a lot faster than 9600.  Said something like 9k per
second (that's 73728 baud!).  Check out playwav by Andraes Ess (sp?) at
ticalc.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com          Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

"There are some micro-organisms that exhibit characteristics of both
plants and animals.  When exposed to light they undergo photosynthesis;
and when the lights go out, they turn into animals.  But then again,
don't we all?"