Re: TI-H: In desperate need of help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: In desperate need of help

>> [SNIP]
>>
>> >I also think I figured out how to(with a mess of modifications) disable
>> >the ROM through a shell, and enable the processor to be upgraded by
>> >something like the Z8002. <---that sucker is 16-bit!!  I will soon be
>> >checking compatability for the Zilogs 32-bit microprocessors.

One question, tho.   WHO IS GOING TO BE WILLING TO TRUST __ANYONE__ TO TELL
THEM HOW TO MESS AROUND AND TAKE RISKS WITH $100???

I REALLY like the idea of upgrading the processor in the '85, but I think
almost anyone would be afraid of TOTALLY screwing up their calc.  Please
understand: this isn't a flame.

>From what you've said, you're going to HAVE to do some mass circut(SP?)
work.  (It would be preatty neat to have a ZIF port(?) for a chip in an
'85..:)  I'm preatty reckless with the modifications I'm willing to make to
things, but change the PROCESSOR?

If it can be done safely, I'm ready to try it.  But one could really ruin
one's calc if one was not careful...

Sorry if this seemed like a flame.  Didn't me for it to be.

Thanx for reading this!
<pre>
"Who's there in the other devil's name?  Faith, here's an equivocator, that
could swear in both the scales against either scale;  who committed treason
enough for God's sake, yet could not equivocate into heaven.  O, come in,
equivocator!"
		     ---The Porter speaking as the porter of the "hell gate".
			Macbeth,  Act II, Scene III, lines 7-11.
</pre>