Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, becker wrote:

> I have been wondering for months where to find a smaller cap, and I
> recently realised that something that small may actually overclock the
> TI-85.  If you wan those speeds, just take out c9 and leave it empty.

I just read a book that explained why just taking it out works (I've
heard discussion and confusion about this).  Anyway, here's an ascii of
an RC circuit, and it'll explain everything:

in o--------resistor-----+-----o out

                    capacitor

                       ground
that's straight from the book :)

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com         Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

There were in this country two very large monopolies.  The larger of
the two had the following record: the Vietnam War, Watergate, double-
digit inflation, fuel and energy shortages, bankrupt airlines, and the
8-cent postcard.  The second was responsible for such things as the
transistor, the solar cell, lasers, synthetic crystals, high fidelity
stereo recording, sound motion pictures, radio astronomy, negative
feedback, magnetic tape, magnetic "bubbles", electronic switching
systems, microwave radio and TV relay systems, information theory, the
first electrical digital computer, and the first communications
satellite.  Guess which one got to tell the other how to run the
telephone business?