Re: TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

>Well hmm.. i guess you have a point there. For some reason the thought of
>a huge magnet next to a ti-85 reminded me in junior high how we screwed
>up the tv in the science lab by putting a 15 pound magnet next to it.
>heh. luckily it was a old tv (pretty much worthless)

A tv is sensitive ot magnetic fields just like computer monitors are.
There is a coil of wire arround the electron gun, and the tube.  These
allow for the electrons to be "spattered" across the screen by making a
wave like current change.  You can permanently magnatise (sp) these with a
magnet.  The rom in the calc IS NOT sensitive to magnetic fields.  However,
it can be inderictly dammaged by a magnetic field.  The field creates
current in the circiut board just like a generator works. This can in turn
send a current through the ram chip in the wrong way, or to the wrong pin,
or whatever.  If the voltage is high enough, then the ram will get screwed
up.

                                       -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.