Re: TI-H: Recomendation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Recomendation

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996 22:30:55 +0000, you wrote:
>Let me say some things to start of. I am ill informed about the RF=20
>link. I am ill informed about the IR link. I don't know anything=20
>about electronics, but here me out. I subscribe to every zshell-group=20
>('cept advanced) and read EVERY single message. This is what i think=20
>can help us all. READ every message. Also, please think practicaly.=20
>Don't design what the link looks like before it works. Don't design=20
>software before the hardware. Why you ask... well because as long as=20
>there is a way in hardware, there will be a way in software. You=20
>don't need to talk about networks, and error correction. Just=20
>contribute your knowledge to sending information through the air.=20
>Also, please don't post more than 2 messages at a time that only have=20
>one word additions + a sig + a 30 line quote. Thank you. Feel free to=20
>flame me, or agree with me. Knowing the people on this list, this=20
>message will probably be ignored anyways.

I agree with everything you just said.

Although a wireless link can and will be cool, it will only be a
novelty.  There's really no ledgitimate use for it except to say "hey,
look at my new toy!"  I'm not saying that the progress during the last
two weeks has been useless, and I'm not saying that a working wireless
link won't be a great accomplishment, but it's just that too much
fluff is being posted.  I stopped reading the majority of the TI-H
messages about 2 weeks ago.

-Mel

<pre>
--