Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Christopher Poole wrote:

> Since the 82, and 83 actually came out after the 85 they mighta found a
> way to make it faster or optimizwe the os.

If you are referring to graphing speed, the resolution of the 82 and 83
is lower.  Less dots to calculate, goes faster.

> I can think of two ideas for the ram
> #1 it may need more power to keep more ram active, taking it away from
> the CPU and slowing everything
> or more probably
> #2 it may use the ram for calculating answers, so it has to shuffle
> things around when ram is low, almost like having virtual memory on a
> real 'puter.

Sorta number 2.  The way the calc works is that when a variable changes,
it moves to the end of memory, and every variable that was after it moves
down to cose up the gap.  The reason is that things are getting shuffled
around, but it's not like virtual memory, it's just the way things are
allocated on the calc.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com         Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve one
technical problem -- how to run a sunbeam through a meter.