Re: TI-H: IRC chat time and place

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IRC chat time and place

Actually, 9:00PM Pacific is 8:00PM your time if you are one time-zone
west of Pacific.  For the people on the east coast, that is midnite.
Europe is (of course) even later than that.
The original proposition of 9:00PM Eastern is probably the best.
Then the greatest number of people will be home but not asleep.  That
should be 5:00PM Alaskan time, 6:00PM Pacific, etc.
As for the server, Undernet is probably the best, simply because it
is more organized than EFnet.  I suppose that EFnet would work, too
if everyone can connect to it.  Addresses:

EFnet: irc.chat.org
Undernet: us.undernet.org in the US, eu.undernet.org in Europe

Try them both out for speed and connectability everyone, and report
your results to the list.  (They will both probably take a while to
connect in the first place.)

shakal@ns.net