Re: TI-H: Link wire extension

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Link wire extension

This would work well to replace a link for people at home or maybe at some
times durung school. but for me I would want a wireless link so i could use
it during class with my friends without the teacher yelling at me.

also you could probably get some kind of an amp on the line and make it go
many miles!.. of course this would be rather pointless..
anyway just an idea..

At 02:17 PM 11/5/96 -0800, you wrote:
>I like the idea of an IR or radio link, but it these are almost too
>complicated to build (not to mention expensive ;-) ).  Why not just make an
>extension to the link cable using telephone wire (the round kind in the
>wall, not the flat kind that plugs into the phone or modem). I've tried this
>idea by cutting the wire in half and soddering wire to them, and it works!
>The only side effect is that ZPong is a little slower, but not much. A
>better idea would be to make an extension with a 2.5mm stereo jack at one
>end of the extension wire, and a plug at the other.  This way you could use
>the link at the normal length or the long length.  If anybody sees anything
>I've overlooked, please tell me!
>
>James Sulak
>trice@geocities.com
>jsulak@geocities.com
>"What is beauty, or goodness, or art, or love, or God?  We're forever
>teetering on the brink of the unknowable, and trying to understand what
>can't be understood.  It's what makes us men."   --  Isaac Asimov

	David Lee