TI-H: Link wire extension

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Link wire extension

I like the idea of an IR or radio link, but it these are almost too
complicated to build (not to mention expensive ;-) ).  Why not just make an
extension to the link cable using telephone wire (the round kind in the
wall, not the flat kind that plugs into the phone or modem). I've tried this
idea by cutting the wire in half and soddering wire to them, and it works!
The only side effect is that ZPong is a little slower, but not much. A
better idea would be to make an extension with a 2.5mm stereo jack at one
end of the extension wire, and a plug at the other.  This way you could use
the link at the normal length or the long length.  If anybody sees anything
I've overlooked, please tell me!

James Sulak
trice@geocities.com
jsulak@geocities.com
"What is beauty, or goodness, or art, or love, or God?  We're forever
teetering on the brink of the unknowable, and trying to understand what
can't be understood.  It's what makes us men."   --  Isaac Asimov