Re: TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, C.J. Oster wrote:

> >Hey, thanks!  I'll use a micro-thin super-highpowered magnet to remove
> >the alluminum plug, and then I'll plug in a good plug and transfer
> >all my valuable science fair data, which means more to me than life
> >itself, from the calculator to my computer.  What could go wrong?
> Actually, from screwing arround, a magnet had no effect on my calc.  Again,
> it wasn't a super-high-powered magnet, but still, it didn't have much
> effect.  Magnets affect disks and such because they are MAGNETIC media.
> Static ram is not magnetic media, and it seems logical that a magnet (low
> to moderatley powered) should not have much effect on the calc.  What, you
> don't have your calc backed up on your computer?

There was a guy here once who asked about strong magnetic fields
affecting the TI, and it ended up that after he took it to work, where
those fields were, that it had no effect whatsoever.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com = zarniwoop@juno.com
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

This land is made of mountains,
This land is made of mud,
This land has lots of everything,
For me and Elmer Fudd.