Re: TI-H: RF link idea again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RF link idea again

Lee Gentry wrote:

> Use FM.

I agree, clearer transmission in line of sight distences, also all
transmissions are locolized so you won't be getting a lot of stray
transmissions from halfway around the world.

A few things, what we need to make is something that will go more than
10 feet or 30 feet.  Maybe 100 meters would be nice (not very likely
though).  Also, why do we need to make the unit large?  Why not a small
box that would connect directly to the back of the calc and would have a
scrunch up entena that would come out of it.  something like this:

|  <- antena
|  ____________
| /            \
| |            |
| |    TI-85   |
| |            |
| |            |
| |            |
| |            |
| |  Link Port |
|________|______  <- built in micro jack.
|  Radio Link   |

This woudl probably by the best design for the radio link.