Re: TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

Here's what I would do:

Take the broken plug, put a bit of super glue on the end, and plug it
into the calculator so that the broken end touches the part that is
broken off in the calculator. Wait a few minuits for the glue to dry,
and pull it out. With luck, the broken part will come out. If all else
fails, open the calculator and see if you can push the broken part
out. I don't know if this would work, because (on the 92 anyway) the
jack is completely inclosed. I don't know about the 83. As for the
broken Graph-Link, you could buy a replacement calc-to-calc link from
TI for $5, and splice one end onto the broken end of the Graphlink.
Good luck!

-Tim

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 17:27:29 CDT, you wrote:

>I need help!  I recently discovered that the end of a link
>cable had broken off in my TI-83 graphing calculator.  When I
>discovered the obstruction, I tried to force in a graph link cable, and then
>when the graph link wouldn't go  in, I pluged the graph link into my 92, and
>when I pulled it out the  end of IT didn't come out!  I've pretty much
>ruined two calculators  (both mine, fortunately) and a graph-link cable
>(not mine) in the same day!  I've never actually gone internal with my calculators
>before, but I will if I need to.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I
>can get it out without dissasembling the calculator, and do you have
>any suggestions on how to take apart the calculators, remove the
>obstructions, and preferably put them back together in one piece?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!

                                               __
                                              /_/\
 Tim Gerla - timg@climax.polaristel.net      / /\ \
                                            / /\ \ \
      Tyball Dragon -==(UDIC)==-           / / /\ \ \
            Tyball@irc                    / / /  \ \ \
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1691/ /_/____\ \ \
 TI-92, HTML, Links, POV-Ray, Fractint! /_/________\_\/\