Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

Hey!  I'll buy it for $20!

"This is the most logical route, Captain"
-= Zenon@bbs.nexes.com =-

----------
: From: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
: To: Zenon
: Subject: Re: TI-H: ti-turbo
: Date: November 2, 1996 10:50 AM
:
:
: Bharath Pola wrote:
: >
: > Hi everyone,
: >         I'm kinda new on this list and pretty new to messing with
hardware
: > as well.  I've read the instructions about how to accelerate the TI-85
but
: > decided to first try it on my TI-81.  I pulled out the C9 and decided
not
: > to replace it with a lower rating cap until I started getting errors on
my
: > calc.  Well, it didn't seem to have any effect.  It seems to run about
the
: > same speed and when I compared it to my 85, it was able to run just a
: > little bit faster...I'm assuming this is always the case since the 81
has
: > fewer pixels to deal with and probably less OS overhead.  I was still
: > kinda optimistic and decided to try to pull out the C9 on my 85,
assuming
: > maybe I just had an old 81 which the technique wouldn't work on or
: > something.  I noticed the C9 was right below the display board, out of
: > reach for my soldering iron, so I pulled out the display board and then
: > started to desolder the cap out.  Well, guess what...I must of got
: > impatient or less cautious or something and I burned a hole right
through
: > the ribbon wire connecting the main board with the display board.
: > Needless to say, the calc doesn't work anymore.  But despite this, I'd
: > like to try it again.  Can someone tell me if there's an easier way to
: > remove the cap?  Also, my roommate was telling that from his
experiences
: > of TI-85s, whenever he removed the display board and put it back in, he
: > lost a line or two of the display.  Can anyone confirm this?
: > Thanks in advance!
: >
: >         -Bart
: >          pola@cns.uni.edu
: Well, if you aren't careful with the sides of the display board, you
: will tear the ribbons, and thats a bitch to fix. Do you want to sell
: that ruined 85?