Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

Yes, and, as what I have been told, with no alterations to the TI-85, the
calc is running at 6MHz.

"This is the most logical route, Captain"
-= Zenon@bbs.nexes.com =-

----------
: From: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
: To: Zenon
: Subject: Re: TI-H: ti-turbo
: Date: November 1, 1996 3:25 PM
:
:
: >Zenon Lynx wrote:
: >>
: >> Someone (maybe Mel) said that the calc is now running at 6Mhz, and if
you
: >> turbo it or do something else to over speed it, it will be overclocked
and
: >> will run faster than 6MHz like say 18MHz.  Just regurgitating what
other
: >> techs have said...
: >>
:   The clock does run at 6Mhz, but there is a capacitor that forces it to
: wait between each clock cycle.  This capacitor slows it down to 1Mhz.
Why
: TI did this, no one knows (or at least no one has told me.  If some body
: knows, I'd love for you to share the info with me), but the 82, 81, and
83
: don't have it. (again, only to my knowledge, it's just what I've been
: told).
:
:                                            -C.J.-
:
:
:
: Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
: will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
: of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
: to the said charging schedule.
:
:
: