Re: TI-H: HOMEMADE LINK for TI-83?!?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: HOMEMADE LINK for TI-83?!?

TI>>       Since an -83 will receive programs, etc. from an -82, couldn't we
TI>>use the serial cable and -82 software to at least send programs and
TI>>string (Assembler) files to the -83?  Just a thought..

TI>Yes, but there is a slight difference in the send/receive protocols between
TI>the 82 and the 83.  I don't know what the difference is, but you can't send
TI>files between them, except for lists.  Also, assembler files are stored as
TI>programs, in hex object code.  I've been playing arround a while with the
TI>idea of ZShell for the 83, but it doesn't look too promising.  First, there
TI>is no checksum byte, or at least not to my knowledge.  Second, ALL
TI>assembler programs on the 83 start at address 95A7, or something like that.
TI>(yes, I'm aware that that is an ODD address, but that's what TI says.)  So
TI>if there was a ZShell, it would need serious work to calculate where the
TI>program starts, and the jump off sets.  And I don't have the time to do
TI>this.  Magnus might re-write zshell for the 83, or some of you could bug
TI>him for the src to zshell 1.0, and port it.

       You can SEND those things to the -83, just can't receive.. As for
the Assembler, I thought I saw a couple of assembly programs of
ticalc.org in the -83 section.. My understanding is that TI built in the
assembler support, so a shell isn't needed.. correct me if I'm wrong..

Zarquon
Sysop of Imperial Realm (410) 799-8616