Re: TI-H: RF Link Idea....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RF Link Idea....

So you're sayind i'd need a modem of sort, then connect that to an RF
transmitter/receiver? Uhg, that's lots of work. I wanted to use a walkie
talkie, and it uses a mic, which converts sound into electrical pulses. Why
wouldn't the electrical binary code from the calc simply represent a sound
wave? A mic pics up sound, then converts it into electricity, then sends it
over RF. Why can't plugging the send cable into the mic spot just work? I
get what you're saying about it needing binary, but like you said, its +5v,
0v. On, off. Why doesn't that end up being represented as a sound wave?

Binary:      Analog:

It should work! I don't get why it cant!
    /         Travis Pettijohn         \
   /    primary:  travisp@inil.com      \
  /   alternate:  travisp@juno.com       \
 /   http://www.inil.com/users/travisp/   \