Re: TI-H: Can you really get sound out of a TI-85??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Colin Bartlett wrote:

> Is it REALLY possible to get sound out of a TI-85?? I've heard about
> this, but i'm a little sceptical, after all, it's just a CALCULATOR!
> Thanks...

No, it's very possible.  The link port is just a standard micro-jack
(the extremely small audio jack).  Since you can send bits down it,
you can send out signals that will create sound.  Just go down to
radio shack and get a stereo micro jack and use some regular walkman
headphones.  Then go into ZShell and run any Audio equiped game like
ZPong or Weave.  Not great quality audio, but it's better than a PC
speaker (I think).

Eric Barker