TI-H: Printer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Printer

Stan Seibert wrote:

> >Here's another one: Would it be possible to somehow wire a printer in
> >through the link port? That would be the ultimate in cool.
>
> If your printer has a serial port connection on it (My HP LaserJet II does)
> then it would be fairly easy.  Just copy the characters through the link
> port to the printer (plugged in through the graph link).  Trying to do
> parallel could get pretty complication, however.
> Stan Seibert
> E-mail at: indigo@aztec.asu.edu

Not necessarily, I've done it with some 74-series chips, it worked
except for some minor details which should have been fixed in that
untested prototype over there :) , but then I abandoned my project when
I heard about the I2C interface. Basically, it shouldn't be that hard to
connect a parallel printer in a TI by using an I2C interface chip like
the PCF8574 (maybe 2 of them). I just haven't got time to do it, I'm
currently still working on the IR link.
(Where are you Keith! I'm almost finished but I'd like your help!)

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
***