Re: TI-H: RAM Expansion? and new software for TI92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RAM Expansion? and new software for TI92

----------
> From: The Barkers <rbarker@polarnet.com>
> To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
> Subject: Re: TI-H: RAM Expansion? and new software for TI92
> Date: Thursday, December 12, 1996 9:29 PM
>
> John Riney wrote:
> > Here's another one: Would it be possible to somehow wire a printer in
> > through the link port? That would be the ultimate in cool.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the original OS has commands for that.  There are
> printer commands for both the TI-92, and TI-85, I think.  I haven't
> gotten them to work yet though.
>
> -Eric Barker
Right, on the 85 there's PrtScrn or something like that, to print a screen
shot of a graph, but I don't think those commands would work well for a
texteditor(wordprocessor, whatever) application. I'm not familiar with the
92, however(I'm a poor college student). I was thinking more along the
lines of new routines to send  characters directly to the printer. Here's a
thought; connect a calc to the computer using any of the links($5,
graphlink, etc).  Have a program capture the data sent, and send it to the
printer. This seems to be a roundabout way to do it, but it seems workable
without any new hardware solutions.  (Of course, direct connection would be
more interesting :)
----
Sent from the home box of
John Riney