Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, John M Bishop wrote:

> >I have been wondering for months where to find a smaller cap, and I
> >recently realised that something that small may actually overclock the
> >TI-85.  If you wan those speeds, just take out c9 and leave it empty.
>
> If one was to do this, then the wave being sent to the Z80 would be
> totally flat, and would have no pulse in order to regulate it's internal
> clock.  Therefore, the Z80 would freeze, and possibly be ruined.
>
> Neat idea, tho.  =)
>
> 	- J. Bishop

That's what I did and it worked just fine.  It might just depend on the
TI...some people have problems when they don't put at least a low
capacitance cap in and others (me included) have absolutely no problems.
I'm not sure where you're getting this flat wave thing...care to explain?

	-Bart
	 Pola@cns.uni.edu
	 College of Natural Sciences
	 University of Northern Iowa