Re: TI-H: Dust in screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Dust in screen

At 02:14 PM 12/2/96 -0800, you wrote:

>>>         Under the screen of my TI-85, there is a lot of dust and
>other
>>> particles. Does anybody know how to get the dust out without ruining the
calculator?

>Just use a really small screwdriver to pry it off then wipe off the
>dust.  The sticky stuff should remain sticky so don't get any junk on
>it.  Plus-be careful when you pry off the screen.

I don't like the idea of prying of the screen with a pin because it bends
the plastic.  I prefer to open the calculator completly by unscrewing the
screws and using the battery cover to pry it open.  When it opens, you can
seperate the cover and the LCD and clean it with a tissue.

James Sulak
jsulak@geocities.com
trice@geocities.com
"What is beauty, or goodness, or art, or love, or God?  We're forever
teetering on the brink of the unknowable, and trying to understand what
can't be understood.  It's what makes us men."   --  Isaac Asimov