ti-emu: TI86v gets updated, and a name change

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ti-emu: TI86v gets updated, and a name change

Well, I've released that version of TI86v, which I've been ranting about
ever since I released v1.1 Beta.  v1.2 Beta is now out!  But, there's a
name change!  TI-86 Virtual is now called Virtual 86 (V86) this was done
to avoid the use of the trademarked "TI" in my emulators name.  This new
version does all the cool stuff I was saying that it does, and the Z80vP
is updated a bit to have more speed. (Got rid of a lot of unnessesary
jumps, and made them into macros) This should cause some speed
increases, but you won't notice unless you're on a slow computer, or
running it in RunMode.  V86 now shows the actual hertz of the processor,
and manages to keep it at approximately 4 Mhz. (give or take a couple
hertz)  It also now runs under DOS, which is good news for all the
people who are refusing to get Windows 95/98.  Though I don't think that
_IS_ anyone, it's still cool, because you can boot up to DOS and run it
with more speed.  (Windows sucks up a lot of time from DOS boxes)  Well,
I'm off for spring break.  The new address (because of name change) is:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7142/?startpage=v86.html

The old link redirects you to the new one.  Thank you for your time.

Daniel Foesch