Re: ti-emu: ROM-DUMP

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: ROM-DUMP

How to get a Romdump with TI Graph-Link
---------------------------------------

I also had a lot of problems of getting a correct Rom-Dump of my TI-92.

My Way to get a Rom-Dump:

1. Load www.ticalc.org/pub/dos/link/romdump2.zip.
2. Install FargoII with Romdump1 (raw), Hexdump and FTERM.
3. Start ROMDUMP.EXE from DOS but tell him your ROM is bigger than one
   or two MB. 1048580 byte instead of 1048576 byte for instance.
4. Start romdump1 (raw) on the TI-92 with connected Graph-Link.
5. Wait about twenty minutes.
6. Now ROMDUMP.EXE on your computer cannot be ready, because it waits
for
   the last few bytes. So start FTERM on the TI-92 and add a few rest
bytes.
7. Now You need a hex-viewer which is able to dump a short part out of a
   big file (I used the included hex-editor in the DOS-Expander, the
   only good NC clone). You Start your hex-viewer/editor on the computer
   and the hexdump on your TI-92. You mark the Begin ,which is strangely
   not the beginning of the file, of the Rom in the created File (You
can
   see how looks the Begining like on TI-92 hexdump) and extract exact
   1048576 or 2097152 bytes out of this file) The extracted bytes are
the
   ROM.

I hope you could undestand everything and I could help you. I am from
Germany, so sorry for my bad English. If you donīt want that I write
further texts, let me know it or put me on our kill-file.

hartmut.bruening@online.de

Follow-Ups: References: