ti-emu: RE: A86: Re: new emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ti-emu: RE: A86: Re: new emulator

> Well I don't mean to discourage, but... VTI is pretty dang good, and it's
> gonna take quite a while to get it as good as that... It's kind of like TI
> sites, what we already have is good enough.
>
> But anyway, the TI85/6 ROM is a great test. When I wrote my
> emulator a while
> ago, I found that if any Z80 opcode was misimplemented, the ROM simply
> wouldn't work. (i.e., turn it on, push 2+2, etc).

Oh well, I might as well tell you about it - I'm writing the emu for my Palm
III.
I think I have most of the core logic bits done (On the PC, that is. It'll
be ported over to the Palm as soon as I figure out how the keyboard works),
but I have problems implementing the keyboard handler - I'm using TI86Emu
(the one written in C++ builder) as my only debugging tool / reference. Note
however that I do not want a cycle-perfect emulation of the core, I want it
to be as fast as possible. My problem is this - my Z80 core deviates from
TI86Emu whenever I'm going through the keyboard code (although that's kinda
expected), but the keyboard handling stuff isnt quite working. I'm not
really sure if it's my handler code or whether I'm misimplementing some
opcode somewhere... I was hoping for something that will test the Z80 core,
not my keyboard handler :)

nb: the emu works to the point where I have a flashing cursor sitting there
at the home screen... if only the keyboard works...
--
|    Liyang Hu aka DenseBoy   \ /   __pikachu ICQ # 39391385   \
|     http://www.nerv.cx/      |    <denseboy@41t4v!5t4.n3t>    |
|  The subspace W inherits the other 8 properties of V.         |
|    And there aren't even any property taxes.                  |
|      -- J. MacKay, Mathematics 134b                           |
 \*/ /*  get my public key at http://www.nerv.cx/liyang.asc  */
    /*   decode the l33t-speak in my address to email me!   */