ti-emu: FWD: "Bootstraped - Dumb calc"

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ti-emu: FWD: "Bootstraped - Dumb calc"

I'm looking for good/dead/anything calcs: 80/1/2/3/5/6 and the 92...

To say what the below says but better:

FAQ:
-What have I done?
-How could it affect me?
-How will it affect the TI community?
-Where/What does it work on?
-About the author.  (Also how I thought of this)
-Inside information.

+What Have I done?
I've just delvoped a beta bootstraper for the TI calcs (8x so far).  The
term bootstrap means that you start the computer up.  I've done this
through modifying the internals of the TI calculator.  This means that you
can start your calculator up off of a hard drive, external memory device,
network, or make your own shell.

+How could it affect me?
I don't know...it depends on who you are.

+How will it affect the TI community
assembly-82@lists.ticalc.org - better calc, better graphics code, better
I/O including a patched TI ROM with hard drive support...
assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org - better calc, better graphics code, better
I/O including a patched TI ROM with hard drive support...
assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org - better calc, better graphics code, better
I/O including a patched TI ROM with hard drive support...
assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org - better calc, better graphics code, better
I/O including a patched TI ROM with hard drive support...
assembly-92@lists.ticalc.org - better calc, better graphics code, better
I/O including a patched TI ROM with hard drive support...
ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org - Make the ultimate basic shell.  With
optimization of the TI commands there could be a super TI interperator
made.
ti-emulator@lists.ticalc.org - Allow devolpers to test new roms from shell
devolpers, or to make an emulator that loads the current Image from the
cart...
shell-developers@lists.ticalc.org - give the opportunity for shell
devolpers to write their own GUI or TUI for the calc and have total
control!
CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM - create pointless short arguments...  ;)

+Where/What does it work on?
So far I've made the bootstraper firmware work with AppleTalk networks.
They open an ADSP connection and the server dumps the rom to the AVR which
then gives it to the calc and then the calc runs it...
It works on calcs.

+About the author.  (Also how I thought of this)
In health portion of PE.  Most people think I'm a boy, but maybe I'm a
girl!  Some of the people in TI-hardware would be surprized if I told them
my name was Rachel...Sorry, I won't tell you what my sex is, but you
probably have the wrong idea anyway...  :)

+Inside information.
You'll know if you have it...  :)