Re: ti-emu: Calcs & PP links

[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: Calcs & PP links

>It may be because of bad bateries that come calcs don't work with some
>links.  The PC is always 5v at the Parralel port, But the calcs will
>work down to some real low voltages.
>
>Blackhaze
>
>P.S.  I had trouble getting my 86 to work on a (wrongly made) serial
>link cable but an 82 and an 83 worked fine.
>
>My parralel link has worked on EVERY 8X calc I've tried and I've tried
>at least 3 of each calc on the link.

Dunno.. The link itself is iffy.. The port is salvaged off an old serial
board and resoldered several times.. works with my -85, but doesn't like
the -83.

I'm considering making a new one.

Back on topic, I've been trying to use the CalcEm program to work on -83
assembly programs (but how I'm supposed to get it on my -83 when I'm
done I don't know) and I've noticed that it tends to crash when left on
and I switch windows... the keys get mapped wrong, and usually only two
or three keys work at all.. usually CTRL (2nd) outputs -1 or sin(, and
On.  Generally, the only way I've found to fix it is to reboot.  An
associated symptom is the system reporting low resources.

Win95 OSR 2.1, w/ IE 4.01 SP1, P-233MMX, 64 megs ram.