Re: ti-emu: Discontinue TI-Emulator?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: Discontinue TI-Emulator?

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Bryan Rabeler wrote:
> There are 140 people on this list and it gets zero list traffic.  Is
> this list really useful to anyone?  Should we discontinue it?  Voice
> your opinions here.  There is also a question about this on the surveys
> at ticalc.org.

As an emulator developer I can announce new versions to those who are
interested. But emulator developers are few and no one has asked me
anything about emulation development. And I don't know anyone who has
extended the CalcEm source code to, for example, implement TI-85/86
support.

Douglas Ward wrote an article on ticalc.org about the future of
calculator assembler. He has some theories about the lack of advanecd
programs for the calculators. His very first suggestion is "There are not
enough able programmers". That might very well be the case here too.

Btw, I work 40 hours a week now so the development of CalcEm 0.6 is a
little slow.

- David

Follow-Ups: References: