Re: ti-emu: Frustration

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: Frustration

In article <96Aug20.180245bst.36715@u-net.net>, Rob Taylor
<rtaylor@ticalc.org> writes

>> In article <96Aug19.111602bst.36313@u-net.net>, Rob Taylor
>> <rtaylor@ticalc.org> writes

>> >The peobelm is that teh rom-dump program has a bug that causes it to
>> >miss out teh last byte of the rom, which is teh byet that zshell uses
>> >to check which rom version it is running on: to make it work you need
>> >to correct this last byte usin a hex editor: here are what you should
>> >change it to (make sure you use the right byte for you rom  version)
>> >
>> >   $57: 3.0A
>> >   $8E: 4.0
>> >   $3D: 6.0
>> >   $97: 8.0
>> >   $91: 9.0
>> >   $35: 10.0
>>
>> I changed the last byte of the page7 dump to $3D. That didn't work. Then
>> I added $3D to the end, so that the page7 dump was one byte longer. That
>> didn't work either. Which is correct, and could you send be a backup.bin
>> with ZS in it? I have the img files. ti85 b:zs1.img right?
>
>You do know taht you need to concate teh pages together to produce
>TI85ROM.BIN? so you should have a file called TI-85ORM.BIN that is 128K
>long (exactly) and teh last byte of which is $3d

That is what I have. I put backup.bin in the emulator directory and then
type ti85. I get a screen displaying ' RROR 23 STAT' with F1 goto and F5
quit. Surely if the rom dump program misses the last byte, it will miss
the last byte of each rom page, not just the last one? ZS doesn't work
with zs1.img and zs2.img either. Could it be that my backup.bin is
corrupt? But it is the correct length. I used the dump program from
ftp.stuba.sk if it is any help. I remembered to use the /b switch when
copying the files together.

Thanks for the help,
<pre>
--
Richard Guy
Why does a theology professor only open one curtain in the morning..