[TIB] Kick-starting the forum

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Kick-starting the forum

Are we all really so bored that the hot topic in the discussion boards is
marshmallow peeps and red borders? I would like to hear about some of the
other TI-Basic projects in the works out there, especially if they are for
the '85, '86, '89, or '92+.

About Aim 89/92+: How many of you have even taken a look at it? Anyone
interested in writing tank strategies for it? Would the changes I'm trying
to make be worth the effort?

If I add nothing to Aim, I can shrink (and have shrunk) the tokenized
version to below 9750. When I add new things like variable gravity, terrain
probabilities, random borders, and expand the data variables for future
functionality (like advanced weapons, scoring, inventory, etc), it will grow
much larger than it would otherwise. Many of these changes won't be useful
for a long time, but by putting them in now, I won't need to tell people to
rewrite their functions later. What do you think?

About other programs:
I have some pther programs I've written have been put in the back burner
because of Aim.. I haven't uploaded them because the documentation is
incomplete, but I wonder how useful any of these would be:
* Calendar system that highlights current date (1605 bytes)
* Toolbar-based dice roller program that can repeatedly roll several dice at
the touch of a function key (1006 bytes)
* Time-stamping program (368 bytes, plus 2 list structures)
* A couple drawing programs
  Point draw - Pixel drawing w/ function calling: 679 bytes
  Filter - Basic transformations: 1278 bytes
  Putpic - Like an interactive XorPic: 507 bytes
  Fillpic - Uses Putpic to fill in Filter images: 178 bytes
* Grid 1,2,3 - Draws various grids
* Shtri - Filled triangle drawer