[TIB] Improving my Aim

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Improving my Aim

Hi, everyone!

About a week ago, I submitted a TI-89 BASIC game entitled Aim. I have
cleaned up the code somewhat since then and plan to re-upload it this week.
However, I am also planning to make a big revision to the save game data to
accomodate new features like scoring, health/shields, patterns using true
team play, and extra room for stuff like synchronized projectile tracking.
Obviously, I'll have to adjust the strategy functions to match it.

Special weapons and Synchronous mode stuff are obviously desirable features,
but those are a little too advanced for Aim right now. (A note: I have
written some synchronous code, but it does nothing more than track
projectiles and stop when all of them hit the terrain. It is far from being
used in Aim itself.)
What I want to know is what would you fellow TI-Basic programmers like me to
add to the function interface and communicate with future tank strategies?
Would anyone be interested if I tried to provide version control that would
allow old functions to be backwards compatible, or are all of you thinking
of not writing anything until the next version?

All available data concerning strategy-function writing is in the HTML file
accompanying Aim 89/92+ or on my homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/tavis_s/calc/aim.html and otherwise by asking me.

Tavis