[TIB] Re: some questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: some questions

Heh. Well, compression is a bit of a misnomer here, as the data itself
isn't ever really compressed, but the space that the data takes up in a
string is smaller than if it were in a matrix.  You pretty much have the
concept correct too, just storing the data row by row into a string. The
only problem with this is as the string gets longer, the time it takes
to retrieve values from the end of the string also increases.  I don't
think that this is a problem on 89's though, I think there was a command
that searches the string end to beginning.

-C.J. Wallace