[TIB] Re: TI-Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: TI-Graphlink

Chris,
I actually had this same problem myself (setting up GraphLink with the TI-83
Plus).  I found that if you change the comm port (under the "Link" menu) to
either 2,3,or 4, especially if you have a printer (because it uses a comm
port) then it will work properly.  A good way to set up the comm port (for
most TIs) follows:
1)Open GraphLink and connect calc to cable (turn calc on)
2)Press the [MODE] key (or something akin to that) on the calc
3)Under the Link menu, select Com Port 2-4
4)Under the Link menu, scroll down to the "Get Screen" option and click it.
5)After about 10-15 seconds (no less than a minute) a window should appear
with the screen that's on your calc.
This should work, however, remember if you have any software that uses the
same port as GraphLink (such as Palm's HotSync) be sure to de-install that
software first before you attempt this.
-Ben Gladding