[TIB] Re: randseed on TI-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: randseed on TI-89

Think of the seed as an index into a table of pseudo random numbers.
The table is static, that is seeding with the same value will always
return the same sequence of random numbers.  The conventional way to
seed a random number generator is to use the current time from an
internal clock as the seed, unfortunately the 89/92+ doesn't have a
real time clock...

This seems to leave us with no method to seed the random number
generator in a non-deterministic way, since after a reset any
algorythm used will produce the same seed value.