[TIB] Re: equation to string?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: equation to string?

I remember a while back I dealt with that problem for 83/83+.  This is the
code I came up with (obviously, its 83(+) basic, but it shouldn't be too
hard to convert to 85/86).  It's been a while since I've used it, but it
should be nicely optimized and it will work for any number (integer,
fraction, whatever) with a finite number of decimal places.  Although, it
might take a little while to do a 99-place decimal...  If you stick to
reasonable numbers, like 5 or 2.74, it should be quite fast.  Obviously, if
you'll be using this as a subroutine in a program, you might find removing
the prompt and disp commands useful.

Prompt X
X->Y:0->M
Repeat iPart(Y)=0