Re: TIB: Real Number to String

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Real Number to String

Quite true, but that won't help in this situation (I already thought of that
before I asked).  That won't differentiate between .631 and .6319305 (for
example), which is what I was looking to do.  In any case, I actually
already modified the program to take care of this.  I uploaded it to ticalc
earlier today, hopefully it'll be appearing soon (TI-83/83+ Basic Misc.
Progs).  Basically, all I did was to change the program so that instead of
asking for a number of decimals, it simply starts at the beginning of the
number and keeps cycling through powers of 10 and subtracting until its left
with zero (which would be the end of the number).  It works quite nicely,
and with little or no reduction in speed (actually a gain since there is one
less input for the user to make).  With a very slight modification (taking
out the input/output commands), it would make a nice subroutine.  Any of you
are welcome to use it as such, all I ask is that if you publish the program
you give me some minor credit for it.

Eric Tollefson
CmdrERT01@yahoo.com