Re: TIB: Ok just a question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Ok just a question

"e" is a number that shows up a lot in finance... it's when you have
something, and you take compound interest continually.  We all know that the
yields of compound interest is higher than normal interest for the same
percentage and the same time... however, I used to think that if you
compound infinitely, you could get an infinite amount.  This isn't true,
tho.  This is where the number "e" comes up.  In the interest equation, if
you take (1+1/x)^x where x = infinite, you get the expression "e"

"e" also comes up a lot in things like half lifes (natural logorithms),
trigonometry, and a LOT in calculus.