Re: TIB: How do you get the ROM dump to work?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: How do you get the ROM dump to work?

I had a problem with this. I tried following TiCals's Graph Link instructions with one of the black link cables. It won't work, you have to use the serial link rom dumber instead. Though, as has already been said, VTI is probably the best way to do it - it does the rom dump and the emulation stuff all in one.

Jeremiah Tootle wrote:

I'm interested in using a TI-86 emulator.  However, I can't figure out how to do a ROM dump.  I have both the program "rom86" for my calculator and "romdump" for my computer.  (Both programs are by Randy Gluvna.)  My problem is that I don't know how to put the two programs together.  Even after following the instructions included with the programs, I am still in the dark.  All it does is sit there on my computer, and lock up my calculator.  Does anybody know an easier way to do a ROM dump (i.e. different software & where I can find it)?  Or is there a way to get the stuff I have to work? --Jeremiah