Re: TIB: Basic Conversion Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Basic Conversion Question

I've made this conversion chart to help you:

TI-BASIC                          QBASIC

If (condition)                    IF (condition) THEN (statement)
(statement)

If (condition)                    IF (condition) THEN
Then                                 (statements)
(statements)                      END IF
End

If (condition)                    IF (condition) THEN
Then                                 (statements)
(statements)                      ELSE
Else                                 (statements)
(statements)                      END IF
End

While (condition)                 DO WHILE (condition)
(statements)                         (statements)
End                               LOOP

Repeat (condition)                DO
(statements)                         (statements)
End                               LOOP UNTIL (condition)

Pause                             DO WHILE INKEY$="":LOOP

Lbl (label)                       (label):

Goto (label)                      same syntax

Stop                              SYSTEM

Input [(prompt),]                 same syntax

Prompt (variable)                 INPUT "(variable)=?", (variable)

Disp (value)                      PRINT (value)

Disp (value1), (value2)           PRINT value1):PRINT (value2)

Output(row, col, value)           LOCATE row, col:PRINT value

getKey                            INKEY$
(returns a number)                (returns a string)

ClrHome                           CLS

fPart(x)                          x - INT(x)

inString( )                       INSTR( )

length( )                         LEN( )

sub( )                            MID$( )

(square root)                     SQR( )

If the TI-BASIC code looks wrong, it's because you have an 89 and I don't.