TIB: Saveing a game using Lists

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Saveing a game using Lists

Hi, I'm ABigToe, I'm new to the list, and Basic as
well :)  But I'm learning quickly.  So anyway, that's
my inroduction.

I'm creating a D&D style RPG game.  So far I've got a
title screen and it goes into the character creation
process, it asks for your sex and class then, it rolls
7 stats and stores them to 7 different variables ("G"
for strength, "E" for dexterity, "M" for magic, "P"
for Spirit, and "N" for Constitution, it stores values
for the Sex and Class of the character to "S" and "C")
then it saves the variables to a list ie:
{S,C,G,E,M,P,N}->SAVE1
Now I'm wondering how would I load the list into the
program (thus loading the character).  In other words,
how would I take the values from the list and load
them back into the original variables (S,C,G,E,M,P and
N) for use in the game.  Oh by the way, I'm using a
TI83, and I have a graphlink w/ software.  Any help
would be appreciated, and I'm sure you can expect more
questions as I develop the game :)

Thanks,
Toe