From: "G.E.Cook" <74401.324@compuserve.com>
To: <ti-basic@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2000 6:14 PM
Subject: TIB: PC Serial Port Availability

I have an old 486 computer running Windows 3.1. In order to transfer
programs to my TI-86 (or HP-48g), I find I have to reboot the computer
using a special boot-up disk removing all references to my mouse in the
autoexec.bat file. The mouse  uses serial port  #2. My internal modem uses
serial port #1. I can then use keyboard functions to move around Win 3.1and
WLINK86  to transfer files back and forth using serial port #2. This
procedure is a real pain!!
My questions are:
1)  How do other people get an available Serial Port (and an unused IRQ) on
a PC?
2)  Is the TI-89 file X-fer program is only available for Win 95 and up ?
Or can the TI-86 WLINK86.EXE be used?
Thanx .....gecook@compuserve.com