Re: TIB: Storing an expr w/o evaluating it (for TI-92)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 4 Jan 00, at 14:38, Jeremie Knusel wrote:

> i.e: The variable x contains the value 2
> I request from the user an expr to store in the variable var.
> If the user enters x+3, 5 will be stored, instead of x+3. How can I do to store the exp
r x+3?
> Of course I could store it as a string, but my program have to make a difference
between expressions and strings. What I could do is requesting a special character
in the beginning of the string (i.e: if the string begins with "->", then I know that the
user want the rest to be considered as an expr), but the program must be able to
use the destination variable in another arithmetics, without converting it.
> The only way I found is to creating a temp folder, to store the variable in it, to copy
 the variable with the copyvar insrtuction and to delete the temp folder. Is there a
better way?

> Thanks and sorry for the bad English
> Jeremie Knusel

I don't know, because I don't have a TI-92, but I think conversion
could be the best way to do it.

They say one has to be good in this business.  Well I'm better.

-The Godfather

Follow-Ups: References: