Re: TIB: American High School Math Exam thingy...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: American High School Math Exam thingy...

In a message dated 2/16/00 4:49:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KeysDezes@aol.com writes:

> The answer to the second one is 1/2.  As much as I enjoyed that one, I
>  preferred the coffee-milk problem.  Everyone in a family has an 8 ounce
cup
>  of coffee and milk (both in quantities > 0).  One person fills his cup
with
>  1/6 of the total amount of coffee used and 1/4 of the total milk used.
How
>  many people are in the family?  It's elegant mathematics.  I could tell
you
>  the answer, but it's more fun to watch you sweat : )

Scratch that.  It's not 1/2.  I'm sure glad I figured it out after the test
and not during the test.  I left that one blank : )