Re: TIB: Quick Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Quick Question

Saving to a list is the best way that I've found. Just
make sure to name the list something that isn't likely
to be used by another program. lSAVE, for example, is
probably too generic and too likely to be used by
another program. If you're writing a tic tac toe game,
for example, lTIC would be good.
The syntax would go like this:

1 -> A
2 -> B
3 -> C
A -> lTIC(1)
B -> lTIC(2)
C -> lTIC(3)

If you want you don't even have to use the variables
A, B, and C. Just use the list components the way
you'd normally use variables in a program; they can be
manipulated in the exact same way. Example:

lTIC(1) + 1 -> lTIC(1)
If lTIC(1) = 3
Disp "USING LISTS AS VARIABLES IS GOOD!"

This may have been a long-winded answer to your simple
question, but I'm trying to be exact. Is your question
answered?

-Ben

=====
"Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?"