Re: TIB: TI-Basic Website

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: TI-Basic Website

>From their FAQ (http://www.freedom2surf.net/support/faq/website/perl.php3):

What is the Perl executable path?

The Perl executable can be found in: /usr/bin/perl
It is version: 5.004_04
Where do I put my Perl scripts?

You can place your Perl scripts anywhere in your website.
A common place to put them is in a directory called cgi-bin although
this is not necessary. You should place your scripts where
they make most sense for your website organisation

--

What file extension should my scripts have?

The webserver recognises a Perl script by its file extension.
Your Perl scripts should be in a file ending with: .pl
Files ending with: .cgi are also acceptable.

--

What file permissions should my scripts have?

Once you have uploaded your Perl script you will need to change
the file permissions in order to make it executable.
To do this issue the chmod 755 filename.pl from your
ftp client. The 755 indicates that the script is executable.

You can see the filename permissions by doing a
directory listing in your ftp client.

The mode 755 corresponds to the directory listing of: -rwxr-xr-x

In a message dated 4/22/00 11:26:51 PM Central Daylight Time,