RE: TIB: Re: Re: Okay, this is just pathetic.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TIB: Re: Re: Okay, this is just pathetic.

:><< After this year: 3 new courses for computer science, two of
:>which are MS
:> Certification courses: WinNT and VB++. Of course, I don't have
:>any room on
:>my
:> schedule for those, meaning I'll have to wait at least until my
:>junior year,
:> during which I'll be doing C and AP CS anyway.
:>
:> Oh well. At least I'm learning Pascal*. >>
:>
:>be happy they're adding them before you graduate instead of after

heh. What we got:
1 lab full of iMacs (upgraded this year from ppc 150s or something),
foolproof, surfing/pagemaker/word for journalism/yearbook and stuff for
algebra/geom
1 lab full of PCs (PIII 500s, upgraded from pentium 166s this year), M$
office and VB, surfing. Extremely stupid security.
The macs are general purpose. The PCs are used for business ed classes. I've
been taking the same "computers" class from business ed for 3 years in a row
as an "R&R" class (I do homework for other classes in it).
The school has no CS/AP CS classes. The tech ed dept has a separate lab of
cheap, donation-funded, student-built PCs where one who has access can do
anything they want, but that doesn't help much.
Personally, I think our district's IT techs are extremely dumbass. They are
misusing their resources.

Well, I'm taking the AP CS exam this year without any preparation from my
school... I'm the only person in the entire school taking it... Maybe I
should feel lucky I'm _taking_ it or something?

-ak

Follow-Ups: References: