TIB: Re: Okay, this is just pathetic.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: Okay, this is just pathetic.

In a message dated 4/12/2000 11:50:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owencannon@mac.com writes:

>  > peecee's are cheap pieces of crap.
>
>  riiiiight. (smiles and nods like he cares)
>
>  >  try to think of two things windows has over macOS, and write them to
>  >  owencannon@mac.com
>
>  Better yet, I'll post them right here.
>  1. Any dual OS program that has both mac and win versions will 100% of the
>  time take up half the memory of the mac version if it's installed under
>  windows.
>  Maybe it's just me, or does that now matter. What do you mean, 'Duel OS
>  program'? You mean, a program on the computer that runs 2 OSs? You cannot
>  run a mac on your pc because its not x86 compatible; cant run on your
>  intel/amd.

You've got worse spelling than my friend John who spells everything with
letters added or out of place. It's tragic. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR
CHILDREN???
Dual OS, at least that's what I call it (I've searched to find the actual
name for this but it don't seem to exist), programs are built so that the
same program can run under two different operating systems from the same
install disk. Diablo, Starcraft, etcetera.

You CAN run MacOS on your PC. I got this neat program called VMware that
allows any os to run inside of win98 or 2K. Even MacOS and probably TI-OS, if
I worked it right...

>  2. Macs, although low in virus numbers, are higher in crash possibilities.
>  Maybe that stems from the fact that a PC file transfered to a mac can and
>  will fuck the mac up, although the other way around it works fine... Or
>  maybe
>  because MacOS uses double the memory of Windows to run any program...

>  I know little about programming, but I do know that programs built for
>  windows and ones built for macs are quite different.

Programs for macs are different because of that damn "Resource Fork" file
stuff Apple insists on sticking with. And don't even think about running
executables...
Besides that, it's probably similar or the same on the inside.

>  3. In truth, they both suck. I'd use linux but my HD's already half full
and
>  my PC threatened to become a pc golem if I took any more space up with
>  stuff.
>  I've already fucked IE 5.01 up, what's next?

>  I agree that both aren't the greatest OS's, but Mac is the widely used OS
>  that seems to be more logically designed. What do I mean by that you ask?
>  Isn't that just opinion? no.

If Mac OS is so widely used than why is Microsoft facing Anti-Trust laws
because they out-sell the competition by exponential amounts? BECAUSE NO ONE
BUYS MAC OS!!!

>  The complex nested menus under the 'start' button give the illusion of a
>  second file hierarchy, and the 'my computer' containing all the drives
>  disconnects the user from the way the files are organized, creating huge
>  messes in the 'c:\' drives of people's boxes. Not only that, the 'close
>  boxes' of all windows in Windows are on the right. That means, when they
are
>  cascaded, you have to move your mouse all over the place to find them, and
>  you can't close all the windows as fast as you want.
>
>  MORE IMPORTANTLY: ALL OF THE KEY SHORTCUTS FOR 'CLOSE' WINDOWS AND 'QUIT'
>  PROGRAMS ARE CONSIST THROUGHOUT THE OS! That means you know that command Q

(Swats away a Typo demon) Look at this little guy(points to the typo demon,
now trying to hide in a corner). He's pathetic, don't you think? Whatever.

Computers WERE supposed to encourage creative thinking. Why do I say WERE?
Because these "Easy to use" systems came along. That screws everything up. I
can hear America dumbing down as we type...

>  always closes a program, and command w always closes a window. Alt-f4 isn't
>  always the key combination to close a program. I believe photoshop and
>  pagemaker use control q, and some don't even have combinations to close.
>  Even if they did use alt-f4, it takes to two hands to close it! So
>  inefficient.

Wrong. I'm 6'4 and can reach the Alt-F4 combo with one hand. It's not my
fault I've got skills that serve no purpose...

>  Also, what's with the whole 'window' inside a window you get when you start
>  a program. In Mac, when you start a program, it does not create a box
>  surrounding the menu bar. The only 'windows' you see are the documents you
>  are working on, which is far more important than what programs you're
>  running. Use a mac more often and think about it.

Now why'd you have to go this way? I can close 99% of all programs on the
FIRST TRY with the ol' Three Finger Salute. Under Win 4, it don't hurt it a
bit.

Hey, what if someone's stealing your credit card numbers through your
internet connection that you're using to write 500Kb e-mails saying that one
OS is better than the next but you can't do a damn thing about it because you
can't see it and thus you don't know it's happening? Shit happens. Don't try
to stop shit, it'll just cause you to get colon cancer or something, and
that's NOT what happens when you hit the "," key too many times...

>  4. Macs are sooo slow. Whoa, Wozniak, don't get ahead of yourself. 433 Mhz?
>
>  [500]
>
>  Wow! I've got a 500 Mhz K6-2 (made by AMD, the maker of the best processors
>  on the earth) and I'm gonna get a new motherboard and a k7 Athlon 1Ghz some
>  time.
>
>  [I don't know much about the internal workings of a processor, but I do
know
>  that it takes two cycles for an intel or amd to do the same thing that a g3
>  or a g4 does in just one. That is because PCs use CISC (the use of a ton of
>  different instructions in the hope that you can use one to solve a complex
>  instruction) whereas g3/4s use RISC (the use of a reduced set of
>  instructions to solve simple processor tasks more quickly, and make solve
>  complex tasks in less time. That means, that a 500 mhz g4 is the equivelant
>  to a 1ghz pentium or k7. ]
>
>  Try to find a mac with a processor any faster than 433 and you're shit
>  outta luck. I love saying that.
>
>  [any competant computer user knows why mhz are not a good way of measuring
>  processor speed. the speal about just tells you why.]

No. Don't insult AMD. I won't even dignify this one with any more of a
response, because your punk ass doesn't deserve it!

>  5. Lack of 3rd party hardware support. Maybe I'd get a mac too if I could
>  pop
>  a Creative Labs 3D Blaster Annihilator Pro in there and watch my "computer"
>  crash in full 3d. And firewire's not gonna hold anything up against SCSI
for
>  external device interface for another five years.
>
>  [that is true. Macs have been in bad shape for the past few years, because
>  of some pretty dumb decisions on behalf of apple (did somebody say,
>  'Performa?') Now that steve jobs is back, and some really cool stuff is
>  coming out, things are getting much better, and you should see more support
>  for the better computer coming out soon.]

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[What Better Computer than the one I got right
here?]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

I'll find a way. I'll get MacOS, Linux, NT, and 4.1 to work together on my
Quad-Boot system. Until then, I got a realaudio file you should hear. It's
the new Crack-Mac from Scrapple Computers, a division of Blackintosh
Incorporated. It's at:

<A HREF="http://www.98online.com/twisted/scrapple.ram">http://www.98online.com
/twisted/scrapple.ram</A>
.

And the i-crack Mac. What a more worthless system. If ANYTHING breaks you
have to go out and buy a brand new one unless you want Jimbo the "Certified
Apple Technician" to fix it at a price more than four times what the piece of
shit cost your sad sad ass. And i-Books? I hate laptop computers more than I
hate Macs, so you can only guess at how sad I think that is...

>  6. Not really a superiority as much as an observation. If they'd only come
>  out with something like the old macs (which I kinda liked, 'cuz they looked
>  like PCs...), but faster. Say 1.5 Ghz with 256Mb of RDRAM and a GeForce
>  256-based chip. And run it off an AMD or Intel processor. G4s suck.
>
>  [How do you know that g4s suck? have you ever actually used one? if you
did,
>  you'd probably pee your pants. now you're just trolling.]

I tested a G4 system for a 30-day trial period. I couldn't change BIOS
settings so I couldn't put in my brand spanking new 70GB fat32 UltraWide
160/M SCSI-3 hard drive and I couldn't swap the optical drive (a DVD-ROM) for
my Ricoh MediaMaster 9060S, a combination CD-RW and DVD-ROM. I also couldn't
partition the hard drive, one of my favorite things to do. I must have three
or four on this one right here. And yes, I did try to put in a SCSI adapter
card. No, I couldn't set that either. And I still hate Apple. There's not a
damn thing you can say that can change my mind. I had to put in an extra
256MB of SDRAM chips in its god damn dimm slots for it to get fast enough to
do what it said it was supposed to. And after looking at the damn all-white
screen for a month, I nearly burned out both my eyes. My screen is basically
greyscale on the darker side because too much white-screenage can hurt your
eyes and mine.

>  >  Now, for something less off-topic:
>  >  Is there a graph link for USB yet? TI released those translucent calc.
>  >  covers (worthless anyway) yet they don't release the USB links!?
>
>  No. There is no USB GL, because anyone with brains enough to use one would
>  just go out and get a port replicator for their "computer". Lecacy free PCs
>  can kiss my fat white ass.
>
>  [okay, now you're just being pathetic. serial ports and stuff just suck
>  because they are inefficient and old. I can unplug a printer during startup
>  and plug in a superdisk and have it on the desktop waiting for me on
>  startup. isn't that nice? don't say you like playing with IRQs and DMAs.

Superdisks? Bah. I spend a full day making backup copies of my hard drive and
installing new programs and making image files for the previous
configurations. I'm what you call, prepared. I love going over to people's
houses to fix old computers. And if anyone pisses me off I just set the IRQs
so that their keyboards and printers are all meshed together and they have to
call me out again to fix it. It's fun, taking advantage of people who make me
mad. It's fun as hell. What is happening to this country? Are we really that
pathetic that we can't program our VCRs or fix our own computers but we can't
even get off our fat asses(like I'm gonna do when I finish this incredibly
long message) and learn how to fix a computer? Hell, I'm fucking A+
certified, I'm Microsoft certified, and I'm frickin' Cisco CCNP certified.
And I nearly flunked my senior year, dammit!

>  There. I said it. Now get yourself a nice Dell
>  XPS-B1000R and a copy of SuSe Linux and have some real power in your hands.
>  And don't bitch about Macs. If you play with fire, there's a good chance
>  you'll get burned....<A HREF="http://prym.8m.com/">

>  [this has got to be one of the saddest messages i've ever got :)]

No, I've seen worse.

>  The problem is, you don't know what computers are really for. They are not
>  about processors, or hardware or RAM, it's about getting your creative
ideas
>  out to the people (which, by the way, macs are better at. Does a windoze
box
>  have complete system-wide color calibration? i thought not.) No normal
human
>  gives a damn about your video card or your 1ghz processor. anyone with some
>  money can buy themselves one of those and brag about for the few months
that
>  it is new.

My creative Ideas are all surrounding the destruction of AOL, the destruction
of the professional sports (I have my reasons to hate those bigots) and
artwork. That plus killing Amish and taking over the world. Not in that order.

>  BTW: does windows have complete system-wide scripting? can you controll an
>  application via an easy programming language supported by your system? Can
>  you manage a whole collection of computers with this language over a
>  network? What is your cheap wireless networking solution? Does it come with
>  all newer PCs? Oh, and by the way, try to click on a file, and with one
more
>  click find related files. I can do that on my mac, and I've taken all this
>  for granted until i tried some of the windows boxes at our school.
</A>
I set up a fucking LAN for my subdivision. All using PCs running Win 98 OSR 2
and using a local adaptation of a DSL line to rush shit around. I've got the
server hooked up and it's sitting right beside me. Now all I need is to hook
up a TeraBeam system for 1Gbps internet access and I'm done. There. And half
the fun of PCs is finding ways to enhance them on your own. Like I did with
my custom Netzero mod that took away all the banners. ALL the banners.

So now I am off. If you e-mail me again like this I'll send the PC-Golem
after you. It's not gonna be happy when I tell it what you're saying...

-One man with a PC and a megalomaniacal complex, Matthew Glory