TIB: Re: TI-86 BASIC question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: TI-86 BASIC question

One option you have is to use the InpSt() function which inputs a string.  Then you could test whether the input is 'equip', and if so go to Lbl equip.  If not, you could either see if the input equals the character "1" or convert it to a number and test if it equals 1.

Ex: {
:Lbl CLOSET2
:Disp "You are in an empty closet"
:Disp "1=exit"
:InpSt "?",A
:If A=="1"
:Goto ONE2
:If A=="EQUIP"
:Goto EQUIPS
}

Notice that I replaced the 'Pause' with 'Disp' and 'Prompt' with 'InpSt'.

Just for reference, I'd recommend that you try to use the 'Goto' approach sparingly, as it is slower and less readable than using the If-Then-(Else) structure.

Dave