Re: TIB: DIE BASIC LAMERS!!! (learn C instead, it's easier)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: DIE BASIC LAMERS!!! (learn C instead, it's easier)

> 10/9/99 8:51:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>  NathanG@firstva.com writes:
>
>  > A good while back someone sent in a message die basic lamers. I at the
>  >  time thought he was an ass and joined in at insulting and making fun of
>  >  him. Now I know ASM, and he is right. Basic is for righting boring math
>  >  programs, if you want something that is actually good, fast, pretty, or
>  >  TRULY fun, you should learn ASM. I'm not going to be as much of an ass
>  >  as he was, but I have the same message. If you want to make good games,
>  >  learn ASM. If you want to use the Pythagorean theorem and many other
>  >  useful formulas without thinking, use basic, and don't learn anything,
>  >  or impress your friends, or get a lot of attention. I don't want to be
>  >  mean, just open a door for you. Learn ASM, it's my only advise.
>
>  If you know Basic, learn C!  it's a lot easier than ASM no joke, & a lot
> like
>  basic.  if you have an 89/92+, download TI-GCC from doors.ticalc.org, and
> you
>  can get some good C tutorials at my site, below.
>
>  --TurboSoft
>
>  Visit the TURBOSOFT HOMEPAGE:  The most current Basic and C programs
created

>  by TurboSoft for the 89, and the most 89 web link

Even better learn C++, its pretty standard in the business and better than C
(notice the ++)  Java and javascript is based on so if you learn C++, web
applications should be a cinch for you.  If you are still in high school,
look for business organizations such as BPA with competitions including C++
or other computer programming.  All i knew was how to make a simple payroll
program and I got a free ride to national competition in Philedelphia. :)
C++ is much more improved than C and it will get you really far.  I have a
friend who works for a telecommunications company and makes around 30 dollars
an hour. (he's in 10th grade)
Just a thought on why to learn C++ instead of ASM.

-Cliff
cliff320@aol.com